Saturday, January 3, 2009

Here we go!!!

Well, today has been fun filled with packing, crying, a little more packing, panic, and then happiness. I can't believe that tomorrow at this time, we will be 1 hour away from having Madison with us forever! I am elated and hope I don't go crazy before we get there. Ryan has been in Dad mode, making sure her room will be warm enough and making sure the car seat is in and secure. So, all in all I think we are set. Now comes the hard parts of dropping Mason off and Callie being picked up. I think I've organized everything...Mason has all of his medical consent and insurance card information. Callie has all of her vet papers. Both have all the essentials (clothes, food, toys). So, I think I'm done with them. And, I've fully packed Madison. Between her stuff and the gifts to the foster mom, the suitcase weighs just under 40 lbs. Hey...it's our first little girl. She has to have all her accessories!! =) And, we're back to diapers which really takes up a lot of space. But, the greatest part is soon our family will be complete. Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasures of my packing skills. (I think it qualifies as a skill?!?)



A girl must have pink and purple. (At least I think so)
Baby Dolls waiting for her to come home and play!
\
Madison's Room
We'll post again tomorrow once we're with our little girl!!














7 comments:

  1. We can't wait to see you all together. Get there safe and come home soon. Jim and Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyyyyyy Rachel and Ryan,
    It's Sunday morning and can just imagine your excitement right now. Our hearts and prayers are with you and your new little Madison. May she bring you joy.
    Hugs!!!
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Rachel & Ryan, & Evelle!
    I'm sure you can't wait to be able 2 step into Guatemala and be that much closer to finally getting to see Madison again & take her home. Well Can't wait to continue to hear about it on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, Ryan and Mason,
    We send our love and best wishes to all. Rachel and Ryan, we hope you have another safe and wonderful adventure. Please bring back some warm weather with that beautiful baby. Mark is chopping ice in driveway as I am writing this...so enjoy!!!
    Love,
    Mark, Katie, Joe, Jake and Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ryan and Rachel,
    I am so proud and happy for you that you're finally bringing home your daughter. Mason is going to be the best big brother, ever!!! That profile pic kills me...he's smiling like he REALLY means it...lol.
    I'll be in Wisco in mid-June and can't wait to meet Madison.
    Love and miss you,
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations....the pictures and stories are great!
    Jason

    ReplyDelete